It all starts with a Domain Name.
Choosing the right domain name for your business, a startup, a new business, a new website, or a new blog can become one of the biggest factors towards the success of the initiative.
- It can give you an easy way to remember your brand or business. It becomes your identity on the internet.
- A right domain name can also be a good safeguard for your brand name across countries with different legal frameworks w.r.to trademarks and copyrights.
- A right domain name can provide you a unique positioning to your business and help you differentiate from your competitors in the market.
- A keyword-heavy domain name can provide you free traffic for life to your business.
- No price is too big for the right domain name.
Guidelines for choosing the right Domain Name.
Would work for your brand and for your business.
- Your domain name should be the same as your brand name. Else change your brand name. It is a brand mantra for the digital age we are living in.
- The domain name you choose to register should not infringe upon existing copyright or registered trade name or trademark
- Domain names should ideally have a maximum of two (2) words and a maximum of Nine (9) letters. Domain names with upto six (6) letters and a single word is best for a domain name. A domain name should not have more than 15 letters.
- The domain name should be easy to spell, easy to remember, and easy to pronounce.
- We recommend all domain name owners to have .COM, .NET, and .ORG for a given brand name. This ensures that nobody misuses the top-level domain extensions (gTLDs). You may like to add to this list, country-specific domain extensions as well. e.g. India based / focused businesses should have .IN domain name as well.
- .COM domain name is the most preferred domain extension. We strongly recommend .com domain name over any other extension. However, you may like to register your domain name with other domain extensions.
- A .COM domain name is the most sought after domain extension. Getting a right .com domain name is going to be more and more difficult in times ahead as new businesses set up websites. This calls for the right branding and a domain name strategy.
What to do if the domain name your want is not available?
DIY (Do It Yourself) may not help all the time.
A Domain Name Consultant may be more useful
There are some basic guidelines you can follow in a situation where the domain name you want is already registered by somebody else.
- The 1st is, of course, to take steps to buy the domain name from its current owner. You may need to take the help of a domain name broker or a consultant.; unless you know how to get the job done yourself. A good domain name broker can negotiate on your behalf and get a good price for you. Its a tricky job and can take a lot of time. The broker can make use of escrow services (to safeguard your money) and get the domain name transferred to your domain control panel. The broker / consultant may charge you around 20% of the brokered domain sale price; as brokerage or service charges.
- You can also look at the same name with alternate domain extensions. There are more than 100 domain name extensions if you book at our portal.
- You can book a .com domain name with a creatively worded domain name. Most of the top global brand names have a creatively worded .com domain name (Exxon.com, Microsoft.com, Google.com, Skype.com, Paypal.com, etc.).
- If you have a fixed budget for a premium domain name. Do not panic. There are many websites that offer a range of premium domain names at less than $250 or similar fixed prices.